Boston Gender Free Contra Dance for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer Folks and Friends!
- History of the JP Contra Dance Downloadable version of history
- Downloadable Season Flyer Visit our FaceBook group
- Article in Rainbow Times about our dance
This dance series has dances on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays Sept-June and the 4th Saturday in July with occasional exceptions.
Dances normally run 7:30 to 10:30pm. The fee is usually $10, students $6. But we also take less if that's what you can afford. We do pass a bucket for our live music fund, and you can ask the person at the door about sponsoring future dances.
We welcome guest callers for the first dance after the break. Contact Bob Peterson at caller AT contra corner.com to reserve a slot.
Please do not wear perfume, cologne, or other scented products, as some of our dancers are chemically sensitive, and experience discomfort when exposed to these materials.
For new dancers see this page
We run our dances with volunteer help: you! The Organizers do the hard parts but we need volunteers for easy jobs every dance:
- Hall setup (2 positions)—6:30 to 7:15—plus get into the dance free
- Greeter and Door sitter (1 position)—7:15 to break—plus get into your next dance free
- Announcer (1 position)—just before break
We also need people to stay around at the end to tear down and clean up. If you want to learn how to operate the sound board, contact a steering committee member.
Tshirts and other items can be punched at Zazzle
Organizers: Ben Sachs-Hamilton, Bob Peterson, Chris Ricciotti, John Gintell, John Hawley, Mike Miller, Robert Coren, Robin Fox, Myles Dakin, Shirley Márquez Dúlcey.
email: jpboard AT lcfd.org
Caller and Musician programmer is Ben Sachs-Hamilton: ben.sachshamilton AT gmail.com
- This page is managed by John Gintell Please do not wear perfume, cologne, or other scented products, as some of our dancers are chemically sensitive, and experience discomfort when exposed to these materials